Thou shalt not learn from the god of evil
The GOE has tried teaching us good values - integrity, transparency, compliance among other things. Yeah he's good at preaching. Unfortunately, he only knows how to preach these values. Never mind if he does not live them. Who said that you have to teach by example anyway? (Got that from him too.) So did i learn from him at all? Not these good values for sure. But I learned a lot...
I learned that:
- I can justify anything i do as long as i have a reason..favorite reasons - i forgot & i don't know. In fact i have mastered the art of making excuses already.
- I can get what i want if i show people that i am the king, even if it means making an ugly scene.
- I can blame anybody or use anything as my scapegoat as long as i can protect my reputation.
- The world is an evil place and all the people have selfish intentions.
- Trust is very important - I should take care of your trust in me, never mind my trust in you.
- Respect is earned. Meaning you deserve my respect only if i like you - i.e. you are tall and/or slim, possess either looks or brains or if you're richer than me.
- Buddhism means detachment from everything besides alcohol and women.
- Keeping my integrity does not mean that i don't have to step on others' dignity.
- Taking care of human resources should be top priority. I should save the staff from poverty. Yes i should assume that they are all poor and money-suckers. This way, it's easy for me to bribe them with equity plans, computer gadgets and bonus that should have been allotted to overtime pay and monthly compensation in the first place.
The god of evil may have shown me how to be like him - proud, selfish, doubtful, worldly, manipulative, skeptic and incapable of showing genuine care. But he has taught me one good thing. He taught me how NOT to live my life! Guess that's enough learning from him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home