And this is how we said goodbye to each other
This is what i emailed him and below is his reply:
-----Original Message-----
From: xxx@oiceventsasia.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 8:43 PM
To: Ashok NATH
Subject: Letter of resignation
Dear Mr. Nath,
I have news that will make you relieved and happy. I am officially tendering my resignation and intend to leave OIC by the end of October. My only pending items are some CQI projects (which are mostly manual items and 5s). I know that this is too sudden but I am committing my weekends til November in case i don't finish everything. I've noticed that aside from the 5s project you assigned me, i have no other responsibility at OIC anymore. I feel that my work is done already and it's time that the others take charge. Frankly, others have been managing easily without me. I have also done the minor part of convincing anybody who's thinking of leaving OIC to stay, ever since i surpassed my first event. I'd like to think that i'd helped in keeping the core team together.I will miss OIC as it has been a huge part of my life for 4 years now. I also kinda miss the old Mr. Nath that I know the first time i joined the team- very strict, very perfectionist, control freak, not too personal with the staff, harsh but just being true to the nature of oneself. I want you to know that your way of training has contributed a lot to my growth. I am leaving with a grateful heart. And I am taking only the good memories and learnings with me. Please also accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience that i have caused.
Thanks for everything,
xxx
MCGA 2003 - AFCSR 2006
-------GOE's REPLY--------------------------------
Dear xxx (aka ME),
Well written and well said. Thank you for your thoughtful note.
Except for one thing. I am sad and not relieved. As you know, I always say what should be said or what I feel fairly directly - but of course with some discretion. And if I wanted you to go, I'd have talked to you.
But I want you to stay and that is what I keep saying. Even now, you can change your mind.
All I know is that you have a LOT of talent, skills and good sense. It is because I see what you are capable of that I cannot stand you not reaching and doing and working at the level you are capable of.
Its not just you, my "crusade" is for the budding young professionals in the Philippines - with no real chance in catching up with the middle class Singaporean or even Thai - because you deserve the opportunity. An opportunity our politicians rob us of.
But I can only do so much and try with OIC. I too apologize for all the "inconvenience" that I have caused, for being a control freak - which I am hoping to shed soon - and for not being able to convince you that you have a great future here.
Still I understand. Let's talk tomorrow (technically today). I know that if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. The OIC doors remain open to you in the future as do my personal goodwill, contacts and assistance if you should ever need.
I will miss you very much,
Akn //

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home